CEYLON GRAPHITE’S ANODE GRAPHITE IN FULL CELL LITHIUM ION BATTERIES OUTPERFORMS LEADING COMMERCIAL SYNTHETIC GRAPHITE
- Ceylon Graphite completes full cell testing at University College London (UCL)
- Ceylon’s unique natural vein graphite material has outperformed an Industry Standard synthetic graphite- CYL discharge capacity of 165 mAh/g, as compared to the Industry Standard of 153mAg/g
- Very small loss in capacity on 50 cycles
- We believe that the impressive performance of our vein graphite material is due to
- High crystallinity of vein graphite
- High purity and further purification technology
- CYL proprietary coating and spherodizing technology
- Ceylon has a mine to battery strategy that will mazimize the value of our high grade Sri Lankan vein graphite by transforming into anode graphite for the rapidly growing lithium ion battery market.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Ceylon Graphite Corp. (“Ceylon Graphite”) (TSX-V: CYL) (OTC: CYLYF) (FSE: CCY) is pleased to announce that it has achieved a significant breakthrough in the performance of its vein graphite anode material in full cells for the lithium-ion (“Li-ion”) battery market. In tests at a leading global, independent facility, University College London (UCL), Ceylon’s vein graphite anode material far exceeded comparable anodes made with industry standard commercial synthetic graphite. This is the first time in battery research history that commercial spherodized vein graphite materials were tested in a lithium ion battery in a full cell.
Results came in at 161 and 165 mAh/g for specific discharge capacity (SDC) for our vein graphite materials, which is beyond what is expected for the best current commercially used synthetic graphite with a specific capacity of 153 mAh/g
CEO VIDEO INTERVIEW: https://www.ceylongraphite.com/video-interviews/